Austin veterinary services – delivered with courtesy and respect!
When you arrive at Brykerwood Vet Clinic, you can expect quality care in an inviting environment for you and your pet.
When you arrive you will be greeted warmly as we check you in.
We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- Once checked in, one of our team members will see you into the exam room and weigh your pet.
- A veterinarian will then meet you, gather basic information about your pet’s health, examine your pet, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed. All decisions will be made together.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments are usually performed in one of our treatment rooms.
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where your billing and future appointment bookings will be handled.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our registered veterinary technicians to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to the technician about them.
We also offer drop off for examinations ( for established clients), day surgery, and dental procedures
- Upon drop off you will be asked to fill out a complete medical history form, and for surgery and dental an estimate will be explained
- For examinations- after the doctor has looked at you animal you will receive a call to decide on any diagnostics or treatments
- Surgical and dental procedures will receive a call after a physical exam and pre-anesthetic bloodwork is performed. We will let you know when your pet is headed to surgery and will call again once your baby is in recovery. Some procedures like dentals may require phone communication during the procedure.
- Upon check out- full written discharge instructions will be given
- Expect to get a follow up phone recheck in the day or two after the procedure.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide, and we would be delighted to see you again.